Friday, January 29, 2010

Still Sinking In

It's still sinking in that I'm pregnant. I'm so excited and just in awe.

I haven't peed on any more sticks - surprisingly - and even DH hasn't asked me to pee on any more! I've got a doctor's appointment on Monday to make sure everything is good.

I feel good. I've got a lot of nausea, but I guess that's to be expected. No throwing up yet - Yay!

My family is still over joyed - my little brother is adamant that I'm going to have a boy. But something tells me it's going to be a girl. I guess that's my intuition again ;) I'm going shopping today to get some books - baby names, what to eat, etc.

I feel so blessed. I have been thanking God daily (and more than once) for this gift. DH went out last night with his guy friends (I was asleep in bed LOL) and when he came home, he said he'd been thinking about me and our baby the whole night. He didn't tell his buddies, which surprised me, but he admitted that he was close to telling them.

So far, only our family and a few very close friends know. We're not going to shout it to the world until we're a bit further on. Although I think rumours are starting thanks to Facebook! My mother's status is 'Surprises in the air - watch this space' and I simply put 'happy' as my status... Now I've had a gazillion comments on it asking why {when did it start not being ok to just be happy? lol} and even a few private messages asking why.

My response to all is 'I'm just happy' but I can't wait to tell them all about it later. I think I'll just put up a sonogram pic or the picture of my digi as my profile pic and see how long it takes people to put two and two together LOL.

DH and I started talking about names last night. So far, for a girl, I love Addison. My mum doesn't really like it though. My second choice is Nyla. But I want to go get some baby names books and get out my highlighters {God, I sound like a geek!} DH likes Addison too. For boys, we've got a few more names: Lucas, Jeremiah, and Carter. But I'm not really thinking so much about boys names, cos I just feel like it's gonna be a girl!

On Monday, I'm going to check out these pregnancy yoga classes that my friend was telling me about. I'm also going to get all my prenatal vitamins that my Doctor will recommend I take. I'm starting on Folic Acid today, but will speak to my doctor about it more.

I'm sure I'll be back later with lists of names ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment