Tuesday, January 12, 2010

{Mood} Swings & Roundabouts

So, I'm super moody. I don't know what it is. {If I didn't know better, I'd swear AF is around the corner!}

I don't know what it is. I don't know if the TTC stress is quietly getting to me {as much as I tell myself I don't want to stress about it}. I don't know if it's because I'm bored - because I'm not working. I don't know if it's because of money. I just don't know what it is.

DH and I had an argument last night. One of our big dogs was barking outside and our neighbours are asses. They often complain that our dogs 'bark all through the night' {which they don't, because they sleep inside, in our bedroom. Trust me, if they barked all night, DH and I would be the first to know about it}. Something was really bothering our big boy and I was desperately trying to get him into the house - to stop the barking. DH wasn't really helping. I called for him to come help and he grabs big boys extra skin around his neck to try and steer him into the house. It doesn't work - at all - and the boy starts getting angry. He growls and then the big female dog gets protective and they start fighting.

I've had dogs all my life and I know when to worry when the dogs fight. This fight was pretty mean and these two dogs grew up together, they never fight. I'm trying to get them apart and DH is just standing there. He goes to walk inside the house and I shout, 'Wet them with the hose!!!' He turns around and shouts 'Will you stop screaming?'

I shouted ONCE. I gave him the death stare and walked inside. He's the big man of the house, let him sort it out. I didn't utter a word to him for the rest of the night. Prior to the dog drama, I'd already started feeling a niggling of a headache coming on, and this just brought it out.

At about 9:30pm, I went upstairs to shower. I locked the door and stood in the shower for a good 20 minutes {until the water turned cold}. I got dressed, went to the bedroom door and said, 'I'm going to bed.'

Five minutes later, he was upstairs with the dogs, getting ready for bed. I still didn't say anything. He crawled into bed and asks, 'Are you tired?' Um, yeah right, you're not about get to BD tonight. I turned over, said 'I'm tired and I have a headache.'

He nudges me. 'Are you mad about something?'

'Yeah I am. You didn't want to help me when the dogs were fighting. You'd rather they ripped each other's heads off. So yeah, I'm mad. Next time they fight, I'll leave it to you to sort out. Because I'm just an emotional, irrational woman.'

'I'm sorry.'

I just closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep. He then turns on the TV, turns it up loud and laughs at 30 Rock.

I woke up this morning feeling better. I mean, I wasn't in a bad mood. I think it might have had something to do with the fact, in the middle of the night, I guess I'd woken up from a dream or something and I felt DH move. All of a sudden, he says "Oh f***" in his sleep. I asked him if he was awake and got a snore in response. I couldn't help but giggle. He always talks (or says random things) in his sleep. And he says I sleep talk!

I'm tired though - I don't know why I'm so tired all the time. The house is a mess so today I'm going to be cleaning all day. According to FF and other online charting sites, I'm getting fertile, so it's time to BD tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment