Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bumps in the road

So, I didn't get to post yesterday. It was a weird, rough day for me.

I got up and got ready. I had an interview with a recruitment agency who want to give me a job. I spent an hour straightening my hair and doing my make-up. I slipped my high heel boots on and felt pretty - it's been a while since I put on heels, so it was a nice change to my Uggs. But all morning, I'd felt off. I felt quite nauseous since I'd gotten out of bed.

I went to the interview and answered all the questions. I talked about my passion - creative writing - and we looked at jobs that I'd excell at. Overall, it was a great meeting. Just before {Thank God} the meeting started, I was sitting alone in the room and I had reflux (is that even the right word?). I had a little internal burp and stuff came up. Tears sprung to my eyes and I was thinking, 'Please don't throw up!'

After the meeting, DH and I went to the supermarket to get some food. I could barely walk straight. I wanted to blame the heels, but I knew it wasn't that. I felt so dizzy, I had to hold onto the trolley for dear life. I felt like I had motion-sickness, but I wasn't in the car. I was terrified I was going to throw up, because of all the extra saliva in my mouth. My head pounded with pain, and all I wanted to do was go home. I was sweating and feeling flushed - and it wasn't even hot at the air conditioned supermarket.

As soon as I got home, DH made me eat something and I laid on the couch. My eyelids felt like they had weights on them. I couldn't keep them open for the life of me. DH nudged me and said, 'Go up to bed.' And I did.

DH followed and put on a movie, but I was asleep before the intro had finished playing. I woke up a few hours later and stumbled downstairs, still with a pounding head. My gorgeous husband wouldn't let me cook dinner, he insisted I lay on the sofa and let him prepare the food.

I didn't think I'd be able to eat much, with the way I was feeling. But I was ravenous. I'm not a big eater but last night, I ate every last morsel of food on my plate. And I realised, I could have eaten more. I could have easily gobbled down a second helping. But I told myself not to be a pig.

I was still exhausted, so we went up to bed at about 9pm. We watched some TV and talked. Because of the temp spike yesterday, it suggests that I'm ovulating. Somehow, I managed to summon up the energy to BD. DH didn't want to, he was worried I wasn't feeling well enough, but I convinced him {wink}. Once it was done, I cuddled up to him and fell asleep with my three dogs all touching some part of my body.

It wasn't a great night of sleep. DH got really hot last night - like burning hot. He was cuddling me and the heat was so much that I woke up. I tried to get up to get him water, but he told me to go back to sleep. He left the room and I guess slept downstairs for a while. I woke up at 7 and he was still fast asleep, so I left him sleeping. My temperature was down a bit, 36.69, but it's still above the coverline temps.

I feel a lot better today. I still feel off, but not nearly so much as I did yesterday. I'm at a complete 'Duh' with my chart. I don't understand it and I'm very confused. If I did, in fact, ovulate yesterday, then at least we got a BD session in. I still have this deep buried gut feeling - like butterflies - that this is a good month, so I'm hoping and praying that it's not my excitement that's making me feel this way. I normally have pretty good intuition, so I'm hoping that's what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment